Please join the Pocket-Greenhaven Community Association and the ACLU of California for a discussion on the Voter’s Choice Act and how implementation will affect Sacramento County and the Pocket-Greenhaven Community.
RSVP here: http://vca.pocketgreenhaven.org/
Sacramento County is one of just four counties that has opted to implement a new model of elections in 2018. This new model brings major changes to how elections will be held as well as exciting opportunities. Specifically:
- All voters will receive vote-by-mail ballots.
- The county will make remote accessible vote-by-mail available to voters upon request.
- Most of the county’s 550 polling places will close and be replaced with approximately 78 multi-function vote centers.
- Voters can vote at any vote center, not just the one nearest to them.
- Voters can register to vote at a vote center after the registration deadline, and including on Election Day.
- Some vote centers will open beginning 10 days before Election Day, and the rest will open 3 days before the election.
- The county will establish drop off sites that will open beginning 28 days before the election.
Sacramento is starting to make important decisions that will affect your community, including where to place vote centers and drop off sites, and how to conduct voter education and outreach. For this new model to work, the elections office nears to get input from communities. At our meeting we will give an overview, including some of the sites being considered as possible vote centers and drop off sites.
Please join us!
Date: October 24th
Time: 6 pm to 8 pm
Where: Robbie Waters Pocket-Greenhaven Library, Community Room
7335 Gloria Drive
Sacramento, CA 95831
Please let us know if you need any accommodations. Light refreshments will be served.